Thursday, August 2, 2007

Pink and Blue, Pink and Blue

After a morning of mass Blog'n Michelle and I went to the Bicycle Outfitter to pick up the final bits for her new Rock Lobster. That I finished up, one armed today.

 

The Specs
Rock Lobster Team Scandium / Aluminum mix
SRAM Rival Group
Paul Brakes
Mavic Wheels - an old set/training set
Easton Fork and Seatpost
Random other bits...

We're waiting on the rims for her
ah-hem BLING!!
Pink, Chris King 28 hole Hubs
Blue, Joe Hunt Ti Spokes
Blue, Al DT-Swiss Nipples
and... To be powder coated... whatelse...
Pink, Mavic OpenPro, CPX33 or Reflex Rims
whatever I can find in 28 hole, reflex's I hope, I haven't had much luck yet


 

the only front view of the first SRAM/Lobster routing I've done... errr I'm not thrilled but it works very well.

 

Michelle and Cali - My Girls check'n out the new toy.

 

One for the Sponsors ha ha ha
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

swiggco world said...

Hotdamn, Charlie Murphy ! Lots o pink on that machine. I guess if you are VB then you got to sport the pink&blue. One armed, no less. Don't hurt yourself !

Mike D said...

Rye, the routing looks remarkably similar to the job I did with my Force shifters... Guess I didn't do too bad for a rookie. =)

That sure is a nice looking bike!

norcalcyclingnews.com said...

there's only 1 problem i have with the SRAM design ... if you're in the easiest cog in the back and forget ... if you click for an easier gear, you'll actually drop down to a harder gear.

that's pretty significant if you're straining on a steep climb.

other than that, i find the stuff good. and the mtb shifters are bomb-proof.

good to see you're one-armed but functional, bigman!

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

one-armed? what happened, Ryan?

Rye said...

I was riding home from work @ trail head and took a right turn into new construction @ Bascon and Union a couple of weeks ago. Fractured my right collar bone and got 5 stiches in my elbo. Why I have the time to blog now HAHAH