Monday, August 6, 2007

Idle hands beget the devils work

I know I'm not 'suposta be doing anything right now, tomorrow marks week three of this broken bone. From the war stories I've been hearing, between now and the 5th week are when more re-injuries happed from guys doing too much. I can see why.

Ok on to the bike stuff I managed to get done

Julie’s bike,

 

I like the setup she uses, 1x9... simple pure 'cross racing bike, my faviorite setup.

She dropped this one off for new cables/housing, yearly love and to remove the chicken levers. I just need to work out what I’m going to do with the rear brake… Farid used a seat mounted stop last year, I tried three others this year so far and I think I’m just going to go back to his set up for it, seems to work the best.

 

While I had it in the garage I used it as the sponsor’s sticker guinea pig. Nothing to new here I pretty much copied Josh and Simons from the last couple of years. Running a little shy on Mavic and Bell stickers, SwiggCo is going to call in the Calvary later this week for more.

Speaking of the Team, I got Michelle to pull on her kit from last year to show off her...
 

NEW WHEELS!!! (get your mind out of the gutter)

I know I said we were going to get the rim's power coated pink but I couldn't help myself, I had to lace them up!

They came out good too. Brian cut the spokes for me when we stopped by Trail Head Saturday, and nailed the lengths.

The Specs.

Pink Chris King 28 hole classic road hubs
Blue USA Ti Spokes,
Front: 297mm 3x (nailed it)
Rear: 295mm 3x Drive (could have used 294mm) 297mm 3x Non-Drive (good)
Blue (and a couple of black) USA Al Nipples (14mm)
Black Mavic 28 hole OpenPro
Velox Rim Tape
Specialized Houffalize CX 700X32 S-Works Tire

 


Even the more harden fans seem to approve of them
Posted by Picasa

No comments: