Saturday, August 4, 2007

Not Much Do'n Today

Ugh Lots O' recovering from the last two days of the adventure known as life. Damn these injuries take a lot out of you.

BUT...I have no reason to bitch

Just some for the record today, cleaning up the photo dump.

 

Michelle's little Seven. I didn't do the build up but I have serviced the hell out of it, damn that little girl puts on the miles...

The guys at Richardson Bike Mart in Dallas, TX did an awesome job with the original build, and the bike has a killer build spec'd.

Campy Record
Easton
Mavic
Salas

I do want a Ti bike of some form, most likely a road frame, the reviews from rides (exp. old steel riders like myself) I know who own them are outstanding. Michelle loves this one.

Although it is the only bike she gets toe/tire over lap on...
Score Rock Lobster 2, Seven 0 ha-ha


 

Ah My favorite part on any bike... (and judging by the selection, Keith's as well).

WHEELS!!!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE building wheels!! It's like my golf, my zen garden, my after dinner Porto. There's no greater joy for this mechanic then that one magic second, just after the three to five turns on each nipple to bring the spokes up to working tension, when I spin the now finally something of a solid creation in the truing stand and I know I nailed the spoke lengths down to the 10th of an mm. That my friend is a true bike mechanics orgasm. I was up to 83 built this year when I broke my collar bone, I SO want to break 100 for the first time this year. Riders lust for new bikes HA! INFIDALS! I would kill for this Holy Grail

Ok, Ok, I'll quit ranting and get on with it...

So we had a few (3) Reflex rims left over from the very generous contribution Mavic made to the team last season, and Paul kicked them over to me (with a few stickers). My task, Pit wheels for this season and you all now know how I feel about building wheels... Hubs are my Crux, I have this Chris King High Flange “Single Speed” hub I'm going to cut out of the old OpenPro hoop I currently have it laced to and re-lace it to one of the Team Reflex'

1 Down 2 to go...

 

Speaking of Wheels... Well Well Well what do we have here???

28 hole OpenPro's, Thanks Paul!!!

Going to use a 3x/3x lacing on these... sigh.... I wanted to do a 2x front / 2x/3x rear but Chris King likes Ti Spokes laced 3x/3x ok ok I'll play by the rules...

Don't think I can wait for the powder coater I gotta build these babies up!!!

 

HELP THE GIMP FUND!!!

For Sale one Santa Cruz Juliana Extra Small

Perfect for the petite girl looking to get in to cycling...

I hear through the grapevine that it was cared for by an ok mechanic ;)

The Specs
Shimano XTR 950 Drive Train
Avid Ti Brakes
Chris King/Dt/Mavic Wheels

Includes an extra Fox Float Shox!

e-mail for the other bits etc... asking $1200 o.b.o.

If your a Velo Bella or VeloGirl or a Rock Lobster Rider Let Michelle and I know! Hint Hint


That's all for today, time for a glass 'o Porto and an ice pack for the busted limb


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

definitely 3x on the pink kings. I laced a couple of front wheels radial and the flange exploded on one. King wouldn't warranty them because I didn't 3x so I had to shell out more $$$ to replace the pink shell.

Rye said...

I've heard of that coming back to bite builders. I called King about this a few months a go and they said if you re-laced a radial in to a crossed pattern (3x for disk hubs, and/or Ti spokes) they would re-instate the warranty