Monday, October 1, 2007

hurts so good...

It has been 11 weeks since I last saw single track, but we took care of that today.

I took the bus over to Santa Cruz and meet up with Dave Wyandt at Paul's shop... The excuse to go over the hill was that I need to pick up some spokes for a wheel build I'm a little behind on (sorry Sara) but I needed a day off and hitting the dirt was the real goal of the day.

Dave was hella cool, keeping it to a nice pace and showing me some really awesome single track that I didn't even know was out there. good week day riding. I'm out of shape and will be feeling it tomorrow, but there's only one way to get the legs back. yuuummmmm pain....

Speaking of Dave


man it was rough watching him get worked over by Justin and Andy, Dave rode a good race but 2 on 1 with those guys is a bad place to be.

It was cool to see Timmy C got 2nd in the SS class, I did a few h2o hand up for him during the race.


Sarah was kicking butt and looking really smooth on the bike


The finish of the day goes to Dodge Ball... powering it up to take 7th from Logan



Matt J got the short end of the stick... his front mech slipped down and started rubbing on his large chain ring. Luckily Ben showed up and they were both on Crank Brothers so we did a bike swap with Matt riding Ben's (a couple of sizes too small) bike. 2 Laps later and Matt was back on his ride... I cranked the bolt down so hard I made the powder coat flake off. The ironic thing is that Michelle's did the same thing that day... grrr...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ryan, good to see you Sunday. I have a mechanic question. Can I bug you about it? I'm morgan at hahaha dot org and stuff.