Friday, October 26, 2007

Running with Scissors

I was a very bad boy today, I re-cabled and housed Stella's bike and wanted to test ride it...


todays photo stolen from Jon Suzuki


But I haven't got the new helmet I ordered yet... So I went on a 2 hour ride anyway. That's right Helmet Nazi’s, no brain bucket, sans lid, no dome, Pas de Casque. It was nice, really nice, not being burdened by the mandatory Styrofoam dunce cap.



The one thing you can say about Hairnets is that they are biodegradable.

It was so NICE being back on a bike (even one that's way too small for me). Betina stopped by the shop during her loop just as I was finishing up my work. So I tagged along for the rest of her loop back to her office. Then I got lost in the "Baylands" dyke system while trying to find my way around NASA Ames. I can't believe how much riders hate the Baylands, for me it's like Kansas, flat, shitty roads and windy as all hell, it even smells like home. Ok it's doesn't smell like Cow shit... Mostly Human, Bird and Fish shit... but shit, is shit, is shit...

And riding is riding. Oh salt on my forehead, how I missed thee.

1 comment:

Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.