Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Yeah yeah I'm ah lagggg'n

Sorry got a little behind on the race report...

Mr. Gill and the Fair Grounds didn't disappoint the hard core crossers who showed up for our weekly sermon. The only muddy race day in the Bay Area this season was a goodie. I was a little jaded after the epicness of Portland's USGP monsoon and KC's Natz blizzard, this Sunday was good rain.

as per normal I was sans camera for this one, so all the pics are stolen from the Boss, Lauren and maybe Rob...

The Pit was off in a far corner of the course but it was a really nice set up and being the fair grounds water wasn't a problem. The wash station looked to be a livestock cleaning station for the 4H'ers, on sloping concrete (nice drainage) with an asphalt road butting up to it. It had 5 nicely pressured spickets and four race supplied hoses... score I brought my own.



I really didn't need brushes for most of the race; the water took most of the mud right off. I did grease a few chains and it seemed to help out a little.

Stella killed it during the women’s race on her SS. Her SS in my favorite bike on the team, I hope she drops it off so I can clean it up for the off-season.



The guys got the worst rain of the day but it kept the bikes cleaner then the earlier clay-ier races



DodgeBall lead out the race for the first couple of laps then mechanicaled and got a wheel from the boss on the back side of the course. Tim rode like an animal getting second to Howie and taking the overall in the series.



A good race to end the season on.

1 comment:

julie said...

awesome! congrats on a solid season. hope to see ya this fall!