Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Structural Art

I think it's fair to say that I have assembled (built) a lot of different types of bicycles. I still love it when I find something really simple, very well done and just down right cool.

Mike Aherns dropped off a new Voodoo Bizango for me to do a build on. Joe Murray nailed the design with this frame, all of the little details are there.

The Seat Stays have a nice hourglass bend to them


They also have crimps in the tubing for a Disk Rotor (and a very Rock Lobster esque Disk Break Tap/Renforcement Bridge)


And the Cassette (and a rack mount braze-on?)


With cool/removable Canti Posts (I'm taking the off for this build, it's going to run Avid Jucy 7's)


While the Chain Stays were crimped for Chain Ring and Tire clearance (but no crimp on the Non-Drive side)


I really love it when they use full run/disk break "Cable Stops"


Who Do That VooDoo Like You Do?


Well I better get to work I have a box-o-parts to hang on this sweetie


I'll post up some better pics with Michelle's camera when I've got it all built up.

1 comment:

Gino Zahnd said...

So is the Bizango capable of running 650b wheels/tires?