Monday, July 21, 2008

311

It's starting to look like this Blog is going to be updated monthly and what a good month it's been so far.

For the builds

Jen picked up her new Grognard Cyclo-Cross Bike today. You won't miss this one at the races this fall, or anytime that is. It came together very nicely and I gotta say that FSA chain makes the FSA crank shift very well. This is the first Grognard I've built; Dave was great to work with and does some very fine brazing. Because of her petite size the frames shape was a little funky causing me to use V-Brakes in the rear but with the travel adjuster they feel very good.







Earlier this week Mike Ahrens dropped off a sweet road frame, and if it's ridden as fast as it built up it's going to be winning some races. Flawless frame/component compatibility with a nice groupo to boot. Thanks for the sweet photo Mike.



The Truing Stand got an upgrade.



Both of Stella’s cross bikes were in for some pre-season love, it made for a full on Lobster Fest in the shop



Racing news in my little world has been unbelievable.

Working for the Bicycle Outfitter I earned two podium spots at the USA Cycling 2008 Masters Road National Championships, I did a full tune up on Dawn Neisser of the Protech Racing's Cervelo TT bike that got her a 3rd place finish in the Women’s Master 50-54 Individual Time Trial And for my first top spot as a wrench, John Novitsky of VOS Racing, took home the starts and striped in the Men’s Master 50-54 Individual Time Trial on a set of Zipp’s I re-laced and glued up for him

Over at Mount Snow Vermont at the Mountain Bike National Championships, Mr. Henry Kramer got the win in the Men's Expert 50-54 Cross Country. I built up an S-Works Hard Tail for Henry at home earlier this year but for this race he took his Epic full suspension to handle the rougher course. Before he headed across the country I did a full tune up and fork overhaul for him dialing in all the little things before the race and it paid off.

I just need one of my crosser’s to get some stars and bars and I’ll have a hat trick from the three types of bicycle racing I wrench for.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Rye! It's two weeks into cross season and no word from you yet?? How's it going? I have a few questions for ya... need some ideas... mind emailing? julie(dot)popper(at)gmail